[ale] VPN connections through firewall

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Thu Mar 1 16:40:13 EST 2001

Gary S MacKay wrote:

> I have a Win2K pro machine behine a linux machine running RedHat 7.0
> with 2.2.16-22 kernel. I've installed the ip_masq_pptp module also. When
> I try to connect to the remote site, it will get to the point of
> "Verifing password..." and then timeout. I have verified that the remote
> site works by dialing into the internet via modem from the Win box and I
> can connect to the VPN just fine.

I'm doing much the same, although mine is behind two separate firewall
machines. You should have added some ipchains to properly pass the
transactions.  There's a really good description in one of the howto's,
vpn-howto or vpn-masq-howto, or something like that.

Have you seen this doc?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein