[ale] bugzilla help

Cade Thacker cade at computerreligion.com
Thu Jun 28 23:29:21 EDT 2001

I tried to search the web for answers, but if anybody has ever tried to
search for info on bugzilla, all you get is everybody elses bug trakcing
page(arrrgg!), anyway I am stumped, so any help or ideas are very much
appreciated.

I installed bugzilla, to see what is was all about, and all is good.  It
is working fine, except when I enter a new bug, The data is written to
mysql db, and the entry shows up on subsequent querys of the system, but
is gives an error when you click on submit on the bug entry form. The
error is "can't lock file (line 173) global.pl"  I don't have the error
directly in front of me but I am pretty sure that is it.  It occurs when
it tries to run a SELECT query.  Anybody run into this?  I am running this
on Mandrake 7.2.  Thanks in advance for an help.

There is a blurb in the Bugzilla install doc that say not to run bugzilla
on a file system that does not support flock().  I am not sure if my
install of Mandrake 7.1 supports it or not but I would guess it would.(?)

Thanks in advnace.

--cade

"Burn your tv in your yard, and gather round it with your friends,
and warm your hands upon the fire and start again" --Toad the Wet Sprocket