[ale] Ipchains question

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Jun 27 19:24:11 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 06:56:40PM -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> ipchains -A input -p icmp -j DENY
> Will deny all icmp packet to my system.
> ipchains -A input -p icmp -j ACCEPT
> will not turn back on allowing of those packets.
> What did I do wrong?

-A _appends_ a rule to a chain.  So you're appending the accept after
the reject.  And since ipchains uses the first matching rule,
your packets get toasted.

Perhaps you mean to use the -I (insert) command instead.

Alternatively, you could delete that DENY rule using -D, and things
would also be kosher.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344