[ale] resolving ip addresses

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jun 27 15:44:03 EDT 2001

Jonathan Rickman wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something here...but the following has always worked for
> me:
>
> jonathan at abacus:~$ whois 64.70.179.150
> CyberGate, Inc. (NETBLK-CYBERGATE-1)

Yeah, that was my expectation as well.  Appears that whois is a link to
fwhois and provides the following for the same request you made:

[whois.networksolutions.com]
The Data in Network Solutions' WHOIS database is provided by Network
Solutions for information purposes, and to assist persons in obtaining
information about or related to a domain name registration record.
Network Solutions does not guarantee its accuracy.  By submitting a
WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this Data only for lawful
purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this Data to:
(1) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass
unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail
(spam); or  (2) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes
that apply to Network Solutions (or its systems).  Network Solutions
reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.  By submitting
this query, you agree to abide by this policy.

NO MATCH: This domain is available!

Go to www.networksolutions.com to register it now!

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein