[ale] kernel upgrades

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Sat Jun 23 03:03:14 EDT 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Joseph A. Knapka wrote:

> I'd like to see a site that gathered all of the packages
> necessary for an upgrade into one place for easy retrieval.
> I'd do it myself, except that I don't have any place to
> host that much data (it would run into the tens of megabytes
> at least), being on the end of a cable with a very restrictive
> acceptable-use policy. Does such a site already exist?
> I expect not, or Chris would mention it in the Changes
> document.

Actually, I've got such a site more-or-less set up (at least mirror scripts
written and debugged, etc.) and am just now getting around to moving it off
of my DSL link where I was testing it to a box with more bandwidth.  I was
hoping to get it live before I leave to get married, but I'm getting a
little swamped with work now, so maybe not.  At any rate, I'll announce it
here when it's ready for public consumption.

later,
chris

--
Chris Ricker                                               kaboom at gatech.edu