[ale] modified question netscape pop-up zapper?

Mel Burslan mel.burslan at s1.com
Fri Jun 22 10:06:34 EDT 2001

I have another question more on the internals of popup killing. A while
back, while I was trying to do something along the same lines which
included killing a netscape window but not the others. I have come to
realize that, every window that pops onto your x-display, is actually
NOT an independent process. Netscape, somehow uses multithreading I was
told by some people around me at that time and I gave up my quest.

While we are talking about the subject, I want to ask the audience this
: regardless it is a popup or not, how can you kill one of the netscape
windows on your desktop while not touching the others, from the command
line, not by clicking the window close square or any other means
utilizin the gui ?

Any takers ? TIA...

Mel.