[ale] GCC 3.0 released (and mirror pointer)

Neil C. Bright ncb at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 18 10:03:51 EDT 2001

If you haven't heard, gcc 3.0 has been released.  _PLEASE_ use a mirror!!!

Oddly enough, there is one that should be close to most folks on this list:
I've bumped the number of anonymous ftp users up to 210 on this machine,
so have at it.  *grin*

ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/gnu/gcc/gcc-3.0

(From: http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.0/gcc-3.0.html)

	June 18, 2001

	The GNU project and the GCC developers are pleased to announce
	the release of GCC version 3.0.

	GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler
	supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for
	the GNU Compiler Collection.

	GCC 3.0 has several new optimizations, new targets, new languages
	and many other new features. See the new features page for a more
	complete list.

	The GCC developers would like to thank the numerous people that
	have contributed new features, test results, bugfixes, etc to GCC.
	This amazing group of volunteers is what makes GCC successful.

	And finally, we can't in good conscience fail to mention some
	caveats to using GCC 3.0.

	For additional information about GCC please refer to the GCC project
	web site or contact the GCC development mailing list.

+============ E3 75 6D 3F D8 CF B5 C7 79 D3 44 11 DE 08 9C 85 ============+
 Neil Bright       ncb at cc.gatech.edu      IHPCL / CNS System Administrator
                                                      College of Computing
 http://www.cc.gatech.edu/projects/ihpcl   Georgia Institute of Technology