[ale] More perl than linux related question

Mel Burslan mel.burslan at s1.com
Mon Jun 18 09:38:05 EDT 2001

Well, I should have used "web application programming" instead of perl
but I think this does suffice as well.

My question is :

where can I find a perl (or any other reasonably easy to implement web
programming language) script which can send an http://www.blah-blah.com
query to a site and store the incoming response page to a file for
further processing ? Once upon a time I asked the same question on a
perl message board and someone sent me a link to a perl library site but
I was not able to figure out the answer.

Is there anyone, who implemented such an application, or who knows how
to do it (preferably step by step, since I am not a programmer myself)
including where to get the perl (or other lang) scripts ? By the way,
the total solution will run on a RedHat 6.1 powered box with Perl 5
installed.

Thanks in advance.

Mel.