[ale] ethernet switch issues

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Wed Jun 13 17:32:28 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 03:57:27PM -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
> It also appears that I'm running the latest greatest tulip driver as
> well.

This sort of problem is indicative of newer tulip boards (in particular
the PNIC2 and 21143 chips) but with older drivers.

Unless you're using 2.4.5 or drivers fresh off of Donald Becker's site,
then you are not using the latest and greatest.

I had a siilar problem with one of my 10/100 tulip boards -- the card's
MII interfase wasn't reporting the correct speed.

So, what's the exact model/version of that linksys, and what's the
driver version /kernel you're running it under?

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344