[ale] New Toy

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Wed Jun 13 14:13:20 EDT 2001

I am building a new toy. Hopefully tonight. I am using ASUS A7A266 MB with
T-Bird 1.3Ghz CPU,  512 Meg of DDR 266 Ram, Adaptec 2940UW with a quartet of
Seagate Barracuda 9.1 gig drives and for the time being I will be using my Viper
770 Ultra video card from my existing system so I know this card works with
Linux; however, I am looking to upgrade to GeForce in the near future. Does
anyone currently use a GeForce2 or 3 card currently?. Has anyone loaded any
distribution of Linux on a comparable setup? Any problems? If so did another
dist. remedy the problem. I am a RedHat fan and have only loaded other
distrubutions for comparisons. I will be booting this setup with Win98, 2000 pro
and Linux.

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager
TSYS Total Debt Management