[ale] Intel USB PC Camera

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Sun Jun 10 19:37:19 EDT 2001

Well what kernel are you using? Is there a driver for it in the new
kernel's? Also take a look at www.expliots.org/v4l/ it has a bunch of
links that might help. I don't see anything about an intel camera but it
might be under a different name or something.

Just my two cents...

Ken!

 On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Leonard Thornton wrote:

> I have an older Intel USB camera that I would like to use w/ Redhat 7.0.  I
> have tried vgrabbj and gqcam with no success.  Anyone out there using this
> camera currently with success?  If so, care to share the secret incantations?
>
> Thanks.

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged
or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense
of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not
authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating
social faux pas.

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere
other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use
and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email,
although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time, let me tell you.
Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to
learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning
 backwards, so just ignore that Alert Notice from Microsoft.

However, by pouring a complete circle of salt around yourself and your
computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you
have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites,
whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.