[ale] New Sendmail feature

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Jun 7 00:20:09 EDT 2001

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, michael d. ivey wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 10:02:45PM -0400, greg at turnstep.com wrote:
> > Before you get too deep into sendmail nitty-gritty, you might
> > want to take a look at qmail, a free, secure replacement
> > for sendmail.
> That way leads to madness.

Well said - plus the qmail "community" are probably the biggest bunch of
"elitist-if you have to ask, you are too dumb to run this" snobs I've ever
seen.  They make Amiga/Mac/Linux advocates look calm :)

However, the software itself is solid.  It's just you need about 50
million add-ons and patches to add some abilities that are standard in
sendmail.

	-Dan