[ale] RSync Permissions Question

Jeff Dilcher root at hiddenworld.net
Wed Jun 6 08:01:24 EDT 2001

Actually, these have been synced from

Linux  -->  WinME --> Linux

Shouldn't the file that winds up on Linux
have the same permsissions as it did when
it originated from there.

Basically, I am editing on my windows
machine with Frontpage, and re-syncing
back to Linux, from where the files
originate.  It is when I edit, and resync
back, that the original permission is
modified.  I don't know if you can prevent
this from happening, even with the -p
flag.