[Fwd: [ale] Socket Programming]

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Jun 5 14:17:03 EDT 2001

> > You can't go wrong with Richard Stevens' "Unix Network Programming Vol. 1"
> > The ISBN is 0-13-490012-X. The book covers everything from low-level
> > socket theory to implementations in C. Enjoy.
>
> This book is $73.95! I just ordered it at Engineer's Bookstore. Did you
> guys pay that much for it?

Also, this is for a hard cover book with fairly decent paper and binding (at
least the copy I have). And I have gotten many many hours of use out of that
book. Well worth it at even the abovementioned high price.

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
        "Anything worth fighting over is worth fighting dirty over"