[ale] inetd.conf

SAngell at nan.net SAngell at nan.net
Tue Jun 5 08:19:38 EDT 2001

Ok, so I am still a newbie! Hang me up by my toenails and beat me senseless! I
just installed a new system using Redhat 7.1 and am trying to lock this system
down security speaking. Does anyone know where the inetd.conf file went?? Was it
replaced with a different file or have I missed a major configuration change. I
downloaded the .iso images off of Ohio State ftp site so I do not have those
wonderfully insightful books that come with the boxed versions. I have secured
the system fairly well I think with ipchains but with a port scan I still show a
few udp ports being open and would like to see how the system is using these
before I lock them down.

Thanks comrades!

Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA
MIS Operations Manager