[ale] Multi-point VPN

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Jun 1 14:51:09 EDT 2001

Bao -

That does seem to solve my too-many-boxes problem, but there are some issues
that that approach won't get me around.

First, I don't want l1-l3 communications to be throttled by the latency and
speed of n2, nor do I want a failure of n2 to isolate l1, l2, and l3 from
each other.  Second, I'm concerned that these liabilities will grow worse as
n > 3.  For this particular potential project, I can see n as high as 8-10.

Basically, I need an arbitrarily large number of "peer" VPN nodes
("gateways," if you prefer) such that no one node is special.

- Jeff