[ale] VFAT partition under Linux

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue Jan 30 13:06:07 EST 2001

Hey Ben,

This might be dictated by the lack of UNIX-style access bits in the FAT/
VFAT family. I don't think the Linux driver does anything special to even
emulate such a feature. But you probably knew that. I don't know why the
fstab entry isn't obeyed, unless you're doing it wrong (which I doubt). You
may wind up having to change the source for the FAT/VFAT driver(s). Just
what you wanted to hear, I know. :)