[ale] 486/8 meg memory as a gateway?

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Fri Jan 26 16:14:25 EST 2001

That is basically what I had done a year or so ago with a Toshiba luggable
machine (gas-plasma display type).  It had 4MB RAM and a 200MB HDD, and I
had tossed all of the relevant parts of a slackware install on a zip disk
and booted with their ppa.s boot image.  I used it for a terminal on
customer sites for configuring routers since the company I worked for at
the time was too cash-strapped to get me a laptop.

glasher at nycap.rr.com
After 163 days, Verizon still couln't deliver Telocity DSL.