[ale] Linuxgruven

Stephen F Nicholas syssfn at panther.Gsu.EDU
Wed Jan 24 23:17:13 EST 2001

Reminds me of a situation I experienced in the late 70's.  I applied for a
job delivering auto parts.  I had to work for them a year or I had to pay
the agency 10% of my yearly salary.  I declined the position, but my
roommate took it.  The co. gave him an unpowered Fiat to use to deliver
the parts in Ala. and Miss. 'on time'.  The car, roads, and schedule
turned out to the a potential deathtrap.  He quit and had to take out a
loan to pay off his 'new job'.

The take here is...  Do you have to stay with the same company, or if you
end up in the job from hell, can you change companies within Linuxgruven
and still stay on course ??

My take is FWIW:  You can probably get certified at a lower cost with no
obligation.  If you're a sys admin, yo might be able to write the
cert. off on your taxes.  BUT, I'm hearing disturbing rumbles about this
co.  Unless you can get a guarantee in writing, with your lawyer present
(or get a review before you sign),  this offer doesn't give me a 'warm and
fuzzy feeling'.

My 2 cents worth.

Steve

| Steve Nicholas             |                        |
| Unix System Programmer     |  A risk is not a risk  |
| Georgia State University   |  until it is taken.    |
| snicholas at gsu.edu          |                        |
| 404-651-1062               |  BBROYGBVGW            |