[ale] Linuxgruven

John Mills john at mills-atl.com
Wed Jan 24 22:34:20 EST 2001

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Perry wrote:

> They require the cert to get the job.  I have 3 ways to get the cert.  a)
> self study b) take course at a training center c) take course through
> Linuxgruven.  I come out of all three with the same three letters after my
> name. I pay for b & c, I get my money refunded with c if I work for a
> year.  If I don't work for a year, I'm at the same point as b, but paid
> quite a bit less money for the training.

One thing Linuxgruven _doesn't_ control is the supply of jobs. You can,
and should, research that for yourself. That was the thread of my previous
post. If you can tie jobs to the certificate, you can shop sensibly for a
training program.

Sadly, there are lots of "we'll get you ready for a high-paying
job!" scams out there. Speak to some consumers of the product: employers.

Their program may be great, but it may be terrible, too.

--
Regards -
 John Mills