[ale] ata 100 and RH 7.0

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Tue Jan 23 10:44:55 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Michael Smith wrote:

> Is there any way of knowing whether you are using ATA-UDMA/100 when linux is
> booting up(Kernel Message?).  I have everything working but I may not be
> really using the drive to its full potential....

I know the Highpoint chipset shows up in dmesg if you are using a patched
2.2.x kernel or have enabled it in 2.4.  I think you can also try using
'hdparm -i' and look at the current DMA mode.  If it's udma4 or greated
(I think udma4=UDMA/66 and udma5 is ATA-UDMA/100) than I'd think it's safe
to say you're using it.

                               Chris Egolf
             http://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net