[ale] ata 100 and RH 7.0

JB Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 13:52:55 EST 2001

I've heard in the past that RH 7.0 supports ATA 100,
but upon trying to install it this morning on a system
with an Asus A7v mb and IBM ata 100 drive, the
installation program wouldn't recognize it.

I've also seen posts in the past regarding various
kernel patches that could be applied to get this
working.

Has anyone successfully run a Redhat 7.0 installation
on an ATA100 drive?  If not, could someone point me to
more info on these patches/fixes?

Thanks,
JB

=====