[ale] Home network with ADSL? (with a twist)

Agent Durga durga at burntmedia.org
Sun Jan 21 10:50:29 EST 2001

> Speaking of good experiences with the LinkSys routers, do you know how
> good the packet filtering component is?

under the advanced settings make sure that no ports are forwarded
internally and you should be pretty good to go....i personally on have 3
ports open on mine and to my knowledge those are the only ports that
anything comes in on to my machines....i know napster allows outside users
in to the machine runing napster, but aside from that, <shrug>

-d

--
   The best book on programming for the layman is "Alice in Wonderland";
     but that's because it's the best book on anything for the layman.