[ale] DriveRead SeekComplete etc...

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 20 13:19:15 EST 2001

Hey folks,

I've got an 8GB IDE drive that has worked fine for years, but
has just recently begun to cause {DriveReady SeekComplete
DataRequest Error} messages to show up on the console. Is this
likely to be something that a repartition/reformat/reinstall
will fix? Or is there an easier way to deal with it? Or should
I just fork out the $$ for a new drive?

Also, does anyone know the current identity of the majordomo
server that handles the linux-kernel mailing list? It used
to be majordomo at vger.rutgers.edu, but that address bounces
now. I seem to remember some time ago that the list had
moved, but I haven't been able to find out the details.

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka