[ale] Email Question

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jan 18 14:09:09 EST 2001

The file /etc/inetd.conf has sections that deal with pop2, pop3, and imap
services. Select which one(s) you want to be available and make sure they
are not commented out. BE SURE TO BE USING THE _VERY_LATEST_VERSIONS_ OF
IMAP!!! Imap is know to have had many security hole in the past. restart
inetd and configure her outlook to recieve mail based on how you setup
inetd.conf.

I would strongly suggest you upgrade the server to RedHat 6.2 before you
leave it on a DSL/cable-modem connection for a few weeks. Then get and
install EVERY upgrade for the 6.2 system that is available and relates to
security.

JimK
Local Net Solutions