[ale] pptp and ppp continued

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jan 17 20:36:12 EST 2001

Joe Steele wrote:

> You say you can't get pptp to call a script.  But aren't you already
> using a chat script to control your modem, telling it to dial a number
> and so forth?  That's where they are saying the 'CLIENT' string should
> be put, as part of an expect/send pair.

Yeah, but the way it works is you have two ppp processes.  You first
connect to the internet via ppp0, you then fire up pptp which uses ppp
to create a second ppp process using ppp1.  So, when I dial up the
first, sending a client string at that time will do no good.  The syntax
for pptp is:

pptp VPN_SERVER name gamyers remotename VP_SERVER

Note, there's no need for a chat script.  I tried to stick one in there,
but all iterations fail and pptp exits pre-maturely.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein