[ale] pptp and ppp continued

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jan 17 12:53:46 EST 2001

Bao Ha wrote:

> You still need pppd to understand mppe and mschapv.1/v.2.
> You don't need PoPToP, since it is for setting up a VPN
> pptp server.

Well, I'm back to square 0.  My new ppp recognizes the various
/etc/ppp/options but I get the same output in my log file, that is I see
ppp sending a 'sent lcp' message which is repeated 9 times and the
connection is terminated.

The new man file for pppd says to put 'auth, +chap, +chapms, +chapms-v2'
in the options file, to authenticate a client with M$ chap.

I'll continue to dig.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The