[ale] Experience with HPT366 ATA66 Chipset?

Jeffrey B Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Tue Jan 16 08:00:15 EST 2001

Hello,

  I've got an Abit BE6-II motherboard that has the
HPT366 ATA66 chipset for ATA66 drives. Through
some interesting tricks I managed to install RH6.2
on the disk (basically relying on ATA33 compatibility
of the chipset). I'd like to build a 2.2.x kernel that has
support for this chipset built in.
   I downloaded 2.2.18 and in the drivers/block directory
I see a hpt366.c file. However, when I do a make xconfig
I don't see anything about the HPT366 mentioned under
block devices. What am I missing?
   Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Layton