[ale] *src.rpm and .rpm files

I.M. morrigu_irm at springmail.com
Sun Jan 14 19:49:56 EST 2001

One more question, then I'll leave you all alone for a while.

I am not understanding the difference between a 'regular' rpm file and a 'source' rpm file.

And what is the difference between them in the install? I downloaded fetchmail-5.6.2-1.src.rpm

I was going to use rpm -F, which I have been told may not be such a keen idea, and then there are sections in the man pages that I am having some difficulty understanding, about having to do a "--rebuild".

Some info would be cool before I go and totally screw something up.

Thanks,

-Indira