[ale] OT: Vintage Computer Stuff -- Free

Robert Butera rob at butera.org
Sun Jan 14 00:21:49 EST 2001

Off-topic, but certainly of interest to some.

I have a variety of "vintage" computer stuff (and other random
components) to give away. Free. I have too many of these and not enough
time to play, so I'm doing some house cleaning for the toys I haven't
had time to play with and/or fix.  Priority is given to:

- people who will _use_ it -- I'm giving this stuff away because I'm
obviously not.
- bigger lots over smaller lots
- earlier requests over later ones

BTW -- all this is free, although I am looking for the following:

- Amiga Workbench 1.3 3.5" floppy (I have a working Amiga 500, but no
disks!)
- mouse for Amiga 500
- Mac SE/30 or Mac Classic II -- will trade a Mac SE-FDHD (1.44 drives,
but no internal hard disk) w/20Mb external SCSI drive w/"Mac footprint"

Anyway, here's the list, with condition and known functionality:

Random components:

2-1 9-pin switchbox
4-1 25 pin switchbox (does not appear to support bidirectional parallel
communication, but otherwise seems to work)
IBM EasyOptions Serial Mouse
IBM PS/2 5.25" drive, w/box
Old Conair analog voltmeter (works if new battery supplied, pots have
old age "issues")

2 Tandy Model IIIs -- both busted.  One is 16K with no disk drives, and
has a short somewhere on one of the boards and a busted power supply --
I'll toss in a PC power supply I've wired up to it.  The other is a 48K
with 2 disk drives and powers up ok, but the display has issues (CRT
works, but display is blank), which the folks on comp.sys.tandy tell me
may be an IC that needs replacing.

Timex/Sinclair 1000.  No power supply.  I recall that this thing worked
but had some keyboard issues, which disassembly revealed was due to a
tear in a ribbon cable, making some keys not working.  Definitely fixable.

Tandy Color Computer 1
Tandy Color Computer 2
Atari 600XL

- all 3 of these work, come with power supplies where needed.  All 3
output to an RCA plug on channel 2/3/4, and you need to either
demodulate or buy an RCA/coax converter at "the shack" to hook up to
your TV.  I recall that one of the above had a less than clean video
output, but don't remember which.

Laser128EX (Apple IIc clone) - I'll throw in a "Starter Disk" that has
all the utilities you need to get going

Apple III Mono (Green) composite monitor

Intellivision w/15 cartridges (all with boxes, most docs and inserts). I
recall that it worked, but one of the controllers was flakey, and the
unit is generally sort of beat up.

OTHER (but you've read this far!)

- SMC Marchant Electro-mechanical Adding Machine.  Works.  Big.  Heavy.
- 2 Tandy "Science Fair" (130 in 1, 60 in 1), electronic project kits.
No manual.
- Bunch of "Lincoln Logs"
- Case of Erector components (inc. a motor)
- early 70's Tinkertoy set (all wood components)

All interested parties should email:

rob at butera.org (home -- preferred on weekends)
rbutera at ece.gatech.edu (work -- will get a prompt response on weekdays)

I live "in-town" (Brookhaven-PDK), but could also bring stuff to GT.