[ale] Re: earthlink

John Mills john at mills-atl.com
Fri Jan 12 08:58:06 EST 2001

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:

> I'm not an earthlink user, but I did visit their web site a couple of
> times to check out their services.  It requires SSL v2, which is
> considered no longer secure, note urls below for further info.

What would this correspond to for OpenSSL users? Does it apply to services
like 'sshd', or only web services?

> Eric Murray web site, SO of the well published Laura Lemay.
> http://www.lne.com/ericm/papers/ssl_servers.html

I tried Eric's test on an 'sshd' service and it didn't find anything
there (port 22 in this case). That port should only offer a
console-session login. Any idea what I should have expected?

Thanks for any comments.
 - John Mills