[ale] 2.4 and glibc 2.1.92

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 11 12:45:12 EST 2001

Since the kernel doesn't use glibc, I don't think the version
of glibc you are using could prevent the kernel from booting.
It might, however, prevent some executables needed at boot
time from running (init, getty, etc). How far does the boot
process get?

It is, as Fulton says, much more likely that you are using a
broken compiler, wrong versions of binutils, or something
like that.

(Hmm. Wonder what happens if you build glibc using gcc2.96.
Bad things, I bet.)

-- Joe