[ale] DBF data to web

Thomas Akin takin at kennesaw.edu
Thu Jan 4 18:02:51 EST 2001

Hello,

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 06:02:30PM -0500, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Duh, I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me earlier, but it might be real
> easy to import the DBF file into M$ ACCESS and then export it as plain text
> (or even HTML TABLES, i think?).  it would be trivial to put the exported
> file (ala Samba) onto a linux/apache web server.

I have to deal with .DBF files also. I copied them over my
linux box and used the perl module XBase to read in the
data. The performance was so bad that I now use the XBase
module to read the data, and DBI to export it into a MySQL
database.

If you are just dumping the contents to the screen then perl
and XBase are probably going to be fine, but if you need to
do queries on the data I'd export to a different format.

Hope this helps...

Thomas