[ale] refined ethernet speed

D. Alan Stewart astewart at layton-graphics.com
Thu Jan 4 15:54:53 EST 2001

Let me refine my question:

Does anyone know a good general way to find out whether a Linux box's
ethernet board is running in 10mbps or 100mbps mode?  I would like to do
this for a number of machines, scattered throughout a building, often hidden
behind or under desks. I.e., in software, across the network, without prior
knowledge of the ethernet board installed, without installing new software on
each machine, given a list of hostnames would be the ideal.

Am I picky/lazy or what? :)

D. Alan Stewart
Layton Graphics, Inc.
155 Woolco Dr.
Marietta, GA 30062
Voice: 770/973-4312
Fax: 800/367-8192
FTP: ftp.layton-graphics.com
WWW: www.layton-graphics.com

Unix is not just an operating system, it also teaches you to read.