[ale] Putting an arbitrary process to sleep

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 01:30:05 EST 2001

Does anyone know of a command or system call that
one can issue to make an arbitrary process sleep
for a given amount of time? "[u]sleep" puts the current
process to sleep, but that's not what I need.

Rationale: I want to write a daemon that will monitor
CPU temp and put certain processes (Seti at home, etc)
to sleep for a while if it gets too high. Maybe
there's already something like this around? Or maybe
there's an easier way to accomplish the task that
someone can suggest?

Thanks,

-- Joe Knapka