[ale] apache/linux performance tuning [long]

Bao C. Ha baoha at sensoria.com
Tue Aug 28 19:31:09 EDT 2001

> > Referring to Apache performing reverse lookups...

> Well I was just curious as to how large a hit it might be, and whether
> or not Apache tried to cache the info in order to reduce the impact.

No.  I don't think Apache tries to cache it.  If you are running bind
on the same server then it may already have the same effect.

However, there are bad maintained name servers out there.  Plus, there
are many IP addresses floating around without a reversed name.  Why
wasting time connect to these guys?

Bao