[ale] Trivial SMTP server

Joseph Andrew Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 10:25:33 EDT 2001

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for an ultra-stupid, works-out-of-the-box-
with-minimal-configuration daemon that will do nothing
but accept mail on my Linux box's port 25 and deliver
it to a smart-host. Ideally, I'd like the configuration
process to be as simple as telling it what smart-host
to use and that's it.

The reason I want this is that I use POP for all
my incoming mail, but sometimes I want cron jobs
or such to be able to send me email, and I want
that email to end up in my my regular mailbox on
my ISP, not in a local mail folder. Currently I'm
not running any SMTP daemon at all. I'm sure
sendmail is over-overkill for this job, and I
shudder at the thought of configuring it again
(it's been a few years since I've done it --
carefree blissful years, I might add :-).

--
# Joe Knapka
# "You know how many remote castles there are along the