[ale] Two questions

Trey Darley tdarley at net-hopper.com
Thu Aug 23 10:49:18 EDT 2001

Hey y'all. Thought I'd throw some ideas at ya'.

1/Browsing on the Usenix site, I noticed that there's not a group on
Atlanta. Any thoughts on this subject? For one thing, it seems to me
that there are plenty of folks here for whom Linux remains a subset of
*nix. I wonder if this group might benefit from an association with
Usenix? Any thoughts on this topic?

2/What about a swapmeet-type event? Has there been such a thing recently
that I have missed? I know that I have advertised hardware that I am
willing to trade or sell before, as have others. Somebody may respond,
but in the daily grind it is difficult to summon the motivation to drive
across town to swap out some hardware that's been holding down the floor
in one's closet nicely for months. Does that follow? It seems to me that
a swap day would be a nice thing (for those of us who aren't "Lost in
Japan" or whatever). Any thoughts on this?

--Trey

++--------------------------------------------------------------------++

"The subspace W inherits the other 8 properties of V. And there aren't
even any property taxes."
                -- J. MacKay, Mathematics 134b

Trey Darley
Unix Systems Administrator