[ale] WinMe and lilo: it works!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Tue Aug 21 22:40:46 EDT 2001

James Kinney wrote:

> Hmmm. Mozilla won't read your online back statement. You must be a
> wachovia customer! They actually rely on a javascript bug to do something.
> Wachovia's site is usable with netscape 4.7x. Anything based on adhereance
> to the spec will have problems. So mozilla, galeon, and Netscape 6+ are
> out. Haven't tried opera on the site. IE is still mutant enough that is
> works (under vmware).

Same thing for Suntrust banking site.  They even blame it on Netscape 6,
right on the front of the page. (http://internetbanking.suntrust.com/).
There are a whole bunch of other problems with their approach to
internet banking though, this is the most minor.  Feel good if you don't
use Suntrust.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

"I don't want a Microsoft Passport, and Microsoft can't have my wallet."