[ale] Moving httpd to different port (was AT&T Broadband blocking inbound http?)

Rick Huebner fehuebner at mediaone.net
Sat Aug 18 14:41:12 EDT 2001

I didn't have to change my /etc/services file to allow 15001.  I just
telneted to a friends machine on BellSouth's network(I'm on MediaOne) and
used lynx http://ditchdoctor.dyndns.org:15001 and it worked.  It was not
working because silly me forgot to change my firewall to allow that port.

---
Rick Huebner
rickh at bigfoot.com
http://ditchdoctor.dyndns.org
OR because of the morons running IIS and MediaOne blocking port 80
http://ditchdoctor.dyndns.org:15001