[ale] screenshots

Joseph Andrew Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 17 21:30:26 EDT 2001

Gary Lawler wrote:

> Could any one please tell me what i can use/do to take screen shots of
> my linux desktop? In windows it's Print Screen but what about linux? I
> am using RedHat 6.1
>
> Thanks
> --
> Gary Lawler

I always use xv. It can capture the whole screen, a single window,
or a mouse-dragged rectangle. Start xv, right-click the image to
get the option menu, and then click the "Grab" button.

No doubt there are other methods, but xv has always worked well
for me.

--
# Joe Knapka
# "You know how many remote castles there are along the