[ale] Linksys & rh6.2

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Fri Aug 17 09:28:37 EDT 2001

What version is the card. Mine is a V4.x.  If it's a version 4.x, you will
have to build the tulip driver yourself in Redhat 6.2.  It is supported in
Redhat 7.1 without compiling.

Heres's how to do it in Redhat 6.2:

Download pci-scan.h, pci-scan.c, kern_compat.h, and tulip.c from
http://www.scyld.com/network/tulip.html

Assuming everything is in the same directory, compile the drivers using the
following:

gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c tulip.c
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -O6 -c pci-scan.c

Install the drivers as follows:

install -m 644 pci-scan.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net/
install -m 644 tulip.o /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net/

Add the following lines to your /etc/conf.modules file:

alias eth0 tulip
options tulip full_duplex=0 debug=0

Hopefully this helps.....

Mike