[ale] CodeRed Popups?

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Mon Aug 13 14:28:28 EDT 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:05:05 -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:

>  Not 500 pages, but if a server scans my box, just throws up a single
>message that they've been infected and lets them go their merry way.

Of course, if enough people set up for this, an infected server could
end up sporting a lot of popups, perhaps enough to effect a DOS by
chewing up memory with the popups.  I also get this picture of some
poor MCSE sitting there, trying to dismiss all of the popups (which are
likely to continue to pop up while he's clicking away) so he can try
and fix the machine.

Ben

--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively