[ale] WAP on linux? impossible?

Stephan Uphoff ups at tree.com
Fri Aug 10 17:57:57 EDT 2001

From:  metricom.com

Chapter 11

On July 2, 2001 Metricom, Inc. (Nasdaq: MCOMQ), a high-speed wireless data
services company, announced that it had
filed a voluntary petition for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S.
Bankruptcy Code in the US Bankruptcy Court in
San Jose, California. Under the protection of Chapter 11, the Company sought
to restructure its operations and debt
obligations while maintaining the operation of its wireless network and
continuing to provide services and access to its
many resellers, channel partners, and direct customers in its 15 metropolitan
markets.

Network Shutdown

On August 2, 2001 the Company announced plans to shut down its Ricochet
wireless data network operations in all of its
markets. Following an August 1, 2001 hearing in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in
San Jose, the Company's Board of Directors
determined to cease operation of the Company's Ricochet network on Wednesday,
August 8, 2001, to conduct an orderly
wind down of the Company's business and to sell its assets.