[ale] Weather Satellite Image on X Background

christopher at bergeron.com christopher at bergeron.com
Tue Aug 7 13:10:28 EDT 2001

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I would try ImageMagick.  It's a command line image manipulation program and it does some slick stuff.  Depending on your distro, it might already be installed.  Try "man mogrify" to see...  I did the same thing you're doing (but I did it for stocks and traffic maps as well).  In my application I put them into one image and then sized the image for my TCL/TK application.  It would be trivial to display it using XV at that point.  Plus you get the added bonus of being able to write text on your images.

The best part is that it can all be done from a bash script...!

It's quite the handy proggy (imagemagick that is).

HTH,
-cb