[ale] Code Red II!!! Disregard previous reply!!!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Aug 7 08:53:50 EDT 2001

On Tue, 7 Aug 2001, Randolph C. Karrh wrote:

> Ale'rs
>
> I think that the main idea behind code red is not actually to
> really cause problems with M$ servers, but maybe our bandwidth. Because
> I'm getting hits from everywhere too.

No. There is no idea behind Code Red. As of yet, there are no brains behind it
either. Every version to date has been flawed in some way. Call it luck if you
want, but the scary thing is...this could just be a beta release. The worst
could be yet to come, if someone with half a brain fixes all the flaws and
releases it. Some folks just have too much time on their hands...

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security