[ale] cdrw help

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Aug 7 08:26:08 EDT 2001

Stephen Turner writes:
 > and im gonna have to do all this just so i can write
 > one cd so i can overwrite my newly made kernel......
 > this sux :P red hat needs to make it support hdd cds
 > automatically :P ... such trouble so i can replace
 > redhat with mandrake...... i dunno if mandrake is even
 > worth it yet!

I'm pretty sure that RH does support it.  The put almost every module
in their kernels.  It is in my RH kernel from 6.2.

If you look in /lib/modules/<KERNELVERSION>/scsi you should see
ide-scsi.o.  What you need to do is tell lilo to tell the kernel to
use that driver.  It is something like "append hdd=ide-scsi" in your
/etc/lilo.conf file.  Then you rerun lilo.  No recompile needed.

Check the cdwriting howto for the exact command.  Actually, I think
someone gave it earlier in this thread.

--Michael