[ale] Code Red II!!! Disregard previous reply!!!

Chris Ness mness215 at mediaone.net
Mon Aug 6 17:17:08 EDT 2001

On August  6, 2001 03:45 pm, you wrote:
> Sorry about previous e-mail, somehow I clicked send without realizing what
> I was doing.

> Here's the trick. If you can delete this file then you are ok that means
> the trojan has not be used. If however you cannot delete the file ROOT.exe
> then the trojan has been executed and only a full re-install will solve
> your porblems. (You gotta love Windows!)

> If this helps anyone, GREAT. If you are all running Web servers other than
> IIS, pray for me.
>
> Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA

	You  have out prayers, you need it. I have been watching my logs all day.
Even though I run Linux and apache, they keep trying. My log is showing
93,000 REJECTS today! And we wonder where all the bandwidth went.
	Perhaps if all the people running Windows (all) just shut down for a day
they might beat this thing. In fact they could spend the day learning how
easy Linux really is when you don't have everybody telling you how hard it is.
--
Chris Ness
mailto:mness215 at mediaone.net   	      All jobs are equally easy to