[ale] (Maybe) OT: No space left in buffer

Dave Brooks db at stayonline.net
Mon Aug 6 16:44:08 EDT 2001

ALE'ers,

I realize this may be a bit off topic, but perhaps someone can shed some
light on the situation (I sent this same email to misc at openbsd.org).

I've got a server that gives the error "No space left in buffer" (with ping)
when it passes a certain amount of network traffic out it's primary network
interface (fxp0).  Its like I can SSH in after a reboot, play around for a
minute or so, and then it locks hard.  If I put a console on the machine (or
SSH in using another interface), the problem doesnt exist.  This almost
sounds like a hardware issue... has anyone else seen this type of error?

-Dave

--
david anthony brooks
systems administrator