[ale] Web Hosting Experience Wanted

John Mills john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:57:53 EDT 2001

ALErs and other respondents -

Thanks for the answers, both the general experience sent to ALE and the representatives' direct notes to me. I will be happy to add names to my list, but I now have plenty of candidates to check out - several of which sound appropriate for us.

Now I need to get a copy of the existing pages and to think about speed and size, although I expect both these to be 'bottom end' for a small, local alumni organization. SSL and 'perl' are in the current spec, but I think having a sample to send hosters would be the way proceed.

Again, thanks for the response.

On Mon, 06 August 2001, John Mills wrote:

> ALErs -
> I'm looking for a reliable, moderately priced web hosting service for an orginaization's web page. We currently have 'borrowed' space which is on-again, off-again -- currently 'off'.
>
> Suggestions and 'reality-check' experiences are very welcome. It would be nice to have an Atlanta source, I suppose, but that's not a requirement - responsiveness is much more important.

Regards,
 John Mills